- new'Corruption in Ukraine has to be stopped'
Corruption is the "number one problem" in Ukraine, MP Sergey Leshchenko tells the BBC's Ed Butler.- 4 hours ago 20 Mar 19, 12:01am -
- newBoeing: US orders review of 737 Max licence to fly
The transport secretary orders an independent assessment of the 737 Max certification process.- 6 hours ago 19 Mar 19, 9:27pm -
- newBrexit: Less than half of trusted trader applications approved
Only 365 businesses have been granted the status - which could be crucial in a no-deal Brexit - in almost three years, Newsnight learns.- 8 hours ago 19 Mar 19, 7:54pm -
- newLloyds boss Horta-Osorio gives up final salary pension perk
Antonio Horta-Osorio was the only employee still entitled to a final salary pension - much to the anger of staff.- 8 hours ago 19 Mar 19, 7:39pm -
- newNew York considers congestion charge
New York could follow London by introducing a congestion charge, but will it benefit everyone?- 9 hours ago 19 Mar 19, 6:07pm -
- newGoogle reveals gaming platform Stadia
The new digital platform will stream games over the internet at console-like quality, the company said.- 10 hours ago 19 Mar 19, 5:33pm -
- newThe SEC calls for new contempt sanctions for Elon Musk
US financial regulator has called for sanctions after Mr Musk tweeted without seeking Tesla's approval.- 10 hours ago 19 Mar 19, 5:15pm -
- newJet Airways grounds planes as crisis grows
The struggling Indian airline grounds a further six aircraft as its crisis deepens.- 11 hours ago 19 Mar 19, 4:59pm -
- newFormer Staples chain Office Outlet in administration
The former Staples stationery chain, Office Outlet, is in administration, putting 1,200 jobs at risk.- 12 hours ago 19 Mar 19, 3:18pm -
- newThe UK's richest man bailing out Team Sky
The UK's richest man, and now owner of a cycling team, has built a multi-billion pound business by buying unloved assets.- 13 hours ago 19 Mar 19, 2:56pm -
- newBoeing expects 737 Max software fix by end of March
The aviation giant tells airlines it will have new software to control the controversial MCAS system.- 14 hours ago 19 Mar 19, 1:41pm -
- newWorld's most expensive cities revealed
Paris is top in a list of the world's most expensive cities, alongside Hong Kong and Singapore.- 15 hours ago 19 Mar 19, 12:54pm -
- newUK employment at highest since 1971
A new record number of 32.7 million people were in work between November and January in the UK.- 15 hours ago 19 Mar 19, 12:07pm -
- newSainsbury's and Asda vow £1bn merger price cuts
The retail giants tell the competition watchdog a merger would mean shoppers save 10% on everyday items.- 15 hours ago 19 Mar 19, 12:05pm -
- newFacebook: New Zealand attack video viewed 4,000 times
Facebook says 4,000 people viewed the original attack video and fewer than 200 watched it live.- 16 hours ago 19 Mar 19, 11:32am -
- newOcado sales hit by warehouse fire
The firm had more orders per week, but their average size was slightly lower.- 17 hours ago 19 Mar 19, 10:22am -
- newHuge aluminium plants hit by 'severe' ransomware attack
The Norwegian firm, which employs 35,000 people worldwide, has switched to manual controls at some plants.- 17 hours ago 19 Mar 19, 10:22am -
- newBonmarché shares down 14% on profit warning
The clothing firm had said losses would be £4m this year - it now thinks these could reach £5-6m.- 19 hours ago 19 Mar 19, 8:34am -
- Home leasehold system needs reform, say MPs
The UK's leasehold system has left many householders in unsellable homes, says a committee of MPs.- 1 day ago 19 Mar 19, 12:07am -
- Why are Venezuelans seeking refuge in crypto-currencies?
As Venezuela staggers under political and economic crises, its citizens are embracing digital money.- 1 day ago 19 Mar 19, 12:05am -
- Warner Bros boss quits amid affair allegations
Kevin Tsujihara leaves after claims he attempted to secure roles for an actress he was involved with.- 1 day ago 18 Mar 19, 8:08pm -
- Boeing: French investigators find crash 'similarities'
French air crash investigators say there are "clear similarities" between two Boeing 737 Max crashes.- 1 day ago 18 Mar 19, 6:02pm -
- Equal Pay Day: Cheaper travel for Berlin women
Berlin public transport gives women 21% off fares to highlight the gender pay gap.- 1 day ago 18 Mar 19, 5:27pm -
- EasyJet withdraws from proposed Alitalia consortium
Budget airline withdraws from a potential partnership that was exploring future options for Alitalia.- 1 day ago 18 Mar 19, 3:43pm -
- WorldPay payments firm in $43bn sale to US rival
Payment processor WorldPay, once part of RBS bank, is sold to Fidelity National Information Services.- 2 days ago 18 Mar 19, 3:28pm -
- 'Don't run before you can walk'
"Don't run before you can walk," says tech firm adviser Manish Madhvani - first build your brand.- 2 days ago 18 Mar 19, 12:11am -
- Exam failure who became a multi-millionaire hotelier
When Robin Hutson failed his school exams he went into the hotel industry instead, and made his fortune.- 2 days ago 18 Mar 19, 12:06am -
- Mopping up Dieselgate: The boss transforming Volkswagen
Hiltrud Werner is the only woman on the board of the troubled German car giant.- 3 days ago 17 Mar 19, 12:21am -
- How long are you going to live?
See how people react when you tell them how long they're going to live.- 5 days ago 15 Mar 19, 12:10am -
- AI and spices: Would you put cumin on a pizza?
How AI is helping to come up with new weird and wonderful spice combinations.- 5 days ago 15 Mar 19, 12:06am -
- Ethiopian Airlines probe: What do we know?
The race is on for investigators to find answers about what happened to the Boeing 737 Max-8 plane.- 5 days ago 14 Mar 19, 9:13pm -
- Boeing grounded: What it means for air travel
Countries and airlines around the world have grounded Boeing 737 Max flights over safety concerns.- 6 days ago 14 Mar 19, 4:44am -
- Trump: Boeing 737 Max planes grounded
US President Donald Trump announces the grounding of Boeing 737 Max planes after the Ethiopian Airlines disaster in Addis Ababa which killed 157 people.- 6 days ago 14 Mar 19, 12:35am -
- Classic car industry fears Trump and Brexit roadblock
Classic car sales have slowed sharply, as President Trump ponders tariffs and Brexit hits confidence.- 6 days ago 14 Mar 19, 12:05am -
- Warehouses thriving from Brexit stockpiling
Warehouse owner Alan Ferguson says fears of a no-deal Brexit have brought "a 50% uplift in demand".- 7 days ago 13 Mar 19, 1:49pm -
- Spring Statement: Chancellor Philip Hammond on economy
The chancellor opens his Spring Statement by saying the UK economy is “remarkably robust” and has “defied expectations”- 7 days ago 13 Mar 19, 1:22pm -
- Brexit: How will the new tariff system work?
What are tariffs and how do they work?- 7 days ago 13 Mar 19, 11:53am -
- Brexit: 10 ways you could be affected by no-deal
From your weekly shop to your holiday plans, how could a no-deal Brexit affect you?- 7 days ago 13 Mar 19, 11:25am -
- Scooting off: Is this the answer for short journeys?
Scooters and other micro-vehicles are increasingly popular but the regulations have not caught up.- 7 days ago 13 Mar 19, 12:18am -
- Do supermarkets know more about us than we do?
Product loyalty is not solely based on value, quality or choice but also on personal attachment, studies suggest.- 8 days ago 12 Mar 19, 1:14am -
- Meet Tengai, the interview robot who won't judge you
Employers can make unconscious - and unfair - judgements about interviewees within a few seconds.- 8 days ago 12 Mar 19, 1:10am -
- How I'm preparing for a no-deal Brexit
In a big week for Brexit small business owners share how they're preparing for the possibility of no deal.- 9 days ago 11 Mar 19, 10:18am -
- Wonky spud vodka couple eye export market
A potato-farming couple are hoping to sell their vodka to overseas markets like the US and Middle East.- 9 days ago 11 Mar 19, 12:33am -
- ‘I sold my wedding presents to set up my company’
How tech firm Twilio was able to survive the global financial crisis and grow into a $14bn business.- 9 days ago 11 Mar 19, 12:15am -
- What do we know about the Boeing 737 Max-8 aircraft?
The Ethiopian Airlines tragedy is the second fatal crash involving the new type of Boeing aircraft.- 10 days ago 10 Mar 19, 2:44pm -
- Was the millennial dream killed by QE?
Ten years on from Bank of England's first injection of money into the economy, what impact has it had?- 11 days ago 8 Mar 19, 10:04pm -