- newSan Francisco becomes first US city to ban e-cigarettes
The US city, home to market leader Juul, is the first to ban sales in-store and from online retailers.- 2 hours ago 25 Jun 19, 10:11pm -
- newTesco customer in a pickle over labelling
Customer query over best before date on burger relish prompts Twitter exchange.- 6 hours ago 25 Jun 19, 6:48pm -
- newRAF fighters escorted Jet2 flight after ‘miscommunication’
The fighter jets were scrambled after an apparent mix-up between air traffic control and the pilots.- 8 hours ago 25 Jun 19, 4:13pm -
- newSandwichgate: How to stop the office thieves
How do you stop colleagues from nicking your sandwiches and milk from the office fridge?- 8 hours ago 25 Jun 19, 4:03pm -
- newBombardier sells aircraft project to Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
The trade union Unite calls for Belfast jobs connected to the project to be protected.- 10 hours ago 25 Jun 19, 2:52pm -
- newSouthern Water punished over 'shocking' wastewater spills
Customers will get rebates of at least £61 each after the company failed in its sewage operation.- 13 hours ago 25 Jun 19, 11:21am -
- newBurton-upon-Trent Kerry Food factory closure axes 900 jobs
The loss of Kerry Foods - the biggest employer in Burton-upon-Trent - is "crushing", unions said.- 14 hours ago 25 Jun 19, 10:30am -
- newWaste giant Biffa guilty of sending nappies to China
Biffa broke the law by exporting everything from underwear to socks in containers labelled as paper.- 15 hours ago 25 Jun 19, 9:00am -
- newAre these the foods millennials want to eat?
Younger people are looking for something a bit different and shops are trying to work out what that is.- 16 hours ago 25 Jun 19, 8:48am -
- newDutch emergency line hit by KPN telecoms outage
The four-hour disruption was the largest in years and the cause is still unclear.- 16 hours ago 25 Jun 19, 8:22am -
- newChangi Airport: Drones disrupt flights in Singapore
A rise in drone use has created growing security concerns for airports around the world.- 19 hours ago 25 Jun 19, 5:09am -
- Glastonbury Festival organiser not looking too far ahead
Emily Eavis explains how the festival grew out of her father's dairy farm.- 1 day ago 24 Jun 19, 11:59pm -
- Private school and Oxbridge 'take top jobs'
Pop stars are also more likely to have gone to private school than university vice-chancellors.- 1 day ago 24 Jun 19, 11:53pm -
- Why Glastonbury has £10m in the bank
Running a music festival is challenging and not just because of the weather.- 1 day ago 24 Jun 19, 11:22pm -
- Who really pays in a tariff war?
Donald Trump has labelled himself "Tariff Man", in his bid to use tariffs to boost domestic jobs.- 1 day ago 24 Jun 19, 11:07pm -
- How a ransomware attack cost one firm £45m
When malicious hackers disable a business and demand a ransom, many firms pay up. But should they?- 1 day ago 24 Jun 19, 11:02pm -
- Boris Johnson's tax plan would 'benefit wealthy most' - IFS
The Tory leadership candidate's plan would cost "many billions", the Institute for Fiscal Studies says.- 1 day ago 24 Jun 19, 11:00pm -
- US billionaires' group calls for wealth tax
A group of 18 wealthy individuals is arguing that politicians have a moral duty to tax them more.- 1 day ago 24 Jun 19, 8:38pm -
- Eurostar defends alcohol limits on trains
Passengers have complained about the restrictions of one bottle of wine or four cans of beer.- 1 day ago 24 Jun 19, 3:46pm -
- Ransomware cyber-attacks are targeting large companies and demanding huge payments
A Norwegian aluminium producer is recovering after hackers took thousands of computers offline and demanded a ransom.- 2 days ago 24 Jun 19, 12:00am -
- 'Hire people who are going to disagree with you'
Emily Foges says her firm's success is down to young employee who told her she was getting it wrong.- 2 days ago 23 Jun 19, 11:11pm -
- Bulletproof coffee: Would you add butter to your brew?
Entrepreneur Dave Asprey is the man behind the craze of adding butter and oil to your mug of coffee.- 2 days ago 23 Jun 19, 11:05pm -
- Why the age of electric flight is finally upon us
Air travel accounts for 2%-3% of global greenhouse gas emissions. Are electric engines an answer?- 5 days ago 20 Jun 19, 11:02pm -
- The breakfast cafe where customers don't have to pay
Eggs & Bread asks its customers to pay what they like - one of a number of not-for-profit food projects open around the UK.- 5 days ago 20 Jun 19, 5:39pm -
- Fast fashion: Should we change how we think about clothes?
Buying "fast fashion" is harming the environment so what can we do to limit its effects?- 7 days ago 19 Jun 19, 10:47am -
- Should we dislike the 'Like' button?
Social media companies know approval can be addictive, so how should we manage the compulsion to be liked?- 7 days ago 18 Jun 19, 11:18pm -
- How a struggling airline went soaring through the cloud
In a "David and Goliath" battle of the skies, the small airline used tech to punch above its weight.- 8 days ago 17 Jun 19, 11:02pm -
- 'I just got fed up with the sexism. It was everywhere'
How Dame Stephanie Shirley went from child refugee to computer industry and women's rights pioneer.- 9 days ago 16 Jun 19, 11:04pm -
- Paris Airshow: Difficult decisions for Boeing lie ahead
At the Paris Airshow, Boeing faces some difficult choices following the fatal 737 Max crashes.- 11 days ago 14 Jun 19, 8:14pm -
- The super-tough drones and robots going where we can't
How do you build unmanned vehicles that can withstand extreme temperatures, pressures and terrains?- 12 days ago 13 Jun 19, 11:12pm -
- When Pepsi was swapped for Soviet warships
For some countries bartering has long been a vital part of how they trade overseas.- 13 days ago 12 Jun 19, 11:12pm -
- The man who helped feed the world
The crops developed by Norman Borlaug have saved millions of people from starvation.- 14 days ago 11 Jun 19, 11:11pm -
- How to cope with email overload
It might be inefficient but we still use email, despite the emergence of rival systems.- 15 days ago 10 Jun 19, 11:24pm -
- 'My allergies drove me to create my beauty firm'
Skin Inc founder Sabrina Tan says "insanity with a purpose" drove her to launch beauty firm.- 16 days ago 9 Jun 19, 11:14pm -