- newUK's full-fibre broadband coverage rises to 8%, says Ofcom
Ofcom's report highlights how much work must be done to provide full fibre access to all by 2025.- 7 hours ago 17 Sep 19, 12:38pm -
- newHong Kong tries and fails to hire PR firms to rebuild image
Amid ongoing protests the government contacted eight PR firms, but all of them turned down the job.- 8 hours ago 17 Sep 19, 11:48am -
- newWeWork sees stock market listing 'by the end of the year'
The US company's flotation has been one of the most hotly-anticipated financial events of the year.- 8 hours ago 17 Sep 19, 11:46am -
- newApple Irish tax case appeal heard by EU court
The Republic of Ireland argues it should not have to recover €13bn of unpaid taxes from Apple.- 9 hours ago 17 Sep 19, 10:43am -
- newBridgend site set to produce Land Rover Defender-inspired 4x4 from Ineos
There is speculation Ineos Automotive has chosen Bridgend for its new car factory.- 11 hours ago 17 Sep 19, 9:00am -
- newSmart meter rollout delayed for four years
Suppliers now have until 2024 to fit them into homes, but it may mean higher costs for the industry.- 13 hours ago 17 Sep 19, 6:45am -
- newOil prices soar after attacks on Saudi facilities
Brent crude ends 15% higher - its largest one-day percentage gain since 1988.- 13 hours ago 17 Sep 19, 6:41am -
- newAlbemarle and Bond: 'My tears over pawned jewellery'
Frustration for customers continues after pawnbroker Albemarle and Bond shuts branches.- 21 hours ago 16 Sep 19, 11:04pm -
- newHelium shortage: 'Prices just keep going up and up'
Why is there a shortage of the precious gas and how is it affecting firms?- 21 hours ago 16 Sep 19, 11:03pm -
- Climate change: Germany's conservatives mull doubling air travel tax
Only domestic flights will be affected, say the Christian Democrats, who govern in a coalition.- 1 day ago 16 Sep 19, 2:49pm -
- Rise in teenage money mules prompts warnings
Cases of 14 to 18-years-olds who have allowed their bank accounts to be used grows by 73% in two years.- 1 day ago 16 Sep 19, 12:19pm -
- Caledonian Sleeper staff set strike date
Members of the RMT union are taking industrial action over concerns about staffing levels and training.- 1 day ago 16 Sep 19, 11:11am -
- Rutland: England's only county without a McDonald's
The burger chain wants to open in Rutland but people fear it will "kill" Oakham and bring in "riff-raff".- 1 day ago 16 Sep 19, 8:45am -
- App that cancels subscriptions launches in UK
The virtual card automatically protects people from being charged at the end of a free trial period.- 2 days ago 16 Sep 19, 7:09am -
- Aldi plans to open a new supermarket each week
The discount retailer is taking on its larger rivals as it continues to expand even as profits fall.- 2 days ago 16 Sep 19, 7:00am -
- What can restaurants do to help customers with allergies?
Some allergy sufferers say they are "terrified" when dining out and have asked eateries to do more to make them safe.- 2 days ago 16 Sep 19, 6:45am -
- Why thousands are flocking to corgi cafes
Corgi cafes are all the rage, with these dog-themed businesses popping up across Asia.- 3 days ago 14 Sep 19, 11:50pm -
- ‘No-one asks new dads how they’re feeling at work’
Companies are doing more to support working dads but may overlook postnatal mental illness in men.- 4 days ago 13 Sep 19, 9:00pm -
- Frankfurt Motor Show: Love, hate and electric cars
The BBC's Theo Leggett reports from a cavernous display of delights at the Frankfurt Motor Show.- 4 days ago 13 Sep 19, 8:55pm -
- High-tech ways to keep employees happy
Companies offer gym deals and cycle schemes - but how do they know if these are what staff want?- 5 days ago 12 Sep 19, 11:26pm -
- How bottled water became a million dollar idea.
The BBC's Aaron Heslehurst explains how bottled water became a million dollar idea.- 5 days ago 12 Sep 19, 11:21pm -
- How virtual reality is helping people with dementia
Virtual reality is being used to help people with dementia revisit their past.- 5 days ago 12 Sep 19, 11:17pm -
- Duchess of Sussex launches clothing line for women's charity
The Duchess of Sussex launches her new clothing line in support of a charity helping women find work.- 5 days ago 12 Sep 19, 6:34pm -
- Electric cars are coming: new models unveiled at Frankfurt Motor Show
The Frankfurt Motor Show offers a first look at the some significant new electric cars: An 8-seat Mercedes, the affordable ID.3 from Volkswagen, and a car that drove all the way to show from China.- 5 days ago 12 Sep 19, 11:23am -
- Can a sacred drink boost an island's fortunes?
The Pacific nation of Vanuatu is hoping kava will boost exports and bring in much needed cash.- 6 days ago 11 Sep 19, 11:12pm -
- Can solar power shake up the energy market?
The falling cost of solar power is helping it to disrupt the global energy market.- 7 days ago 10 Sep 19, 11:38pm -
- The bizarre fabrics that fashion is betting on
Amid a growing backlash against fast fashion, firms are looking at new fabrics from mushrooms and pineapples.- 8 days ago 9 Sep 19, 11:00pm -
- Porsche set to lead the charge at Frankfurt show
Porsche is set to lead the charge at the Frankfurt Motor Show with its new electric sports car.- 8 days ago 9 Sep 19, 11:14am -
- The Chelsea goalie who joined Goldman Sachs
Goalkeeper quits top flight women's football at the age of 25 to start a new career in finance.- 13 days ago 4 Sep 19, 11:04pm -
- Exchange rates: Why is the pound getting weaker?
A simple guide to how currency is valued and what it means for your finances- 14 days ago 3 Sep 19, 10:52am -